Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. Here is where you can find out everything about me and my experience in journalism and social media. I’ve been a reporter since 1981 and have had the opportunity to cover many amazing stories and many interesting people. I often tell my friends I will never stop being a journalist. Everyday is a new journey with a new experience.
I have 50 awards and nominations for my journalism work, including several Emmys. I’m also very proud of being awarded two national social media awards from LATISM: 2011 and 2013 for “Social Networking Leader.”
Today, I continue being a reporter covering all types of stories. Here are a few of the highlights of my career.
- Freelance News Reporter: Television, online, print, & radio
- Currently Social Media Columnist for Latina Style Business Magazine
- Currently Political and Latino Issues reporter for Mercado Bilingue
- Emmy nominated TV Commentator for The Texas Daily
- Blogger on issues in journalism and hot topics.
- Former Social Media manager for National Association of Hispanic Journalists. Took on job on volunteer basis as part of VP of Online duties.
- News and Social Media Consultant (English and Spanish)
- Public Speaker
- Video Producer
- Coauthor of two Digital Media Handbooks, Part 1 (March 2010) & Part 2 (Sept. 2010)
I’m also about volunteering my time in leadership roles:
- Former Vice President of Online for the National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Current Vice President of Programs and on social media team: Society of Professional Journalists/ Fort Worth Chapter
- Former Diversity Committee Vice Chr & Blog Content Manager:Society of Professional Journalist
- Former Digital Media Committee Vice Chair & Blogger for the Society of Professional Journalists
- Current on web and social media team: Hispanic Communicators DFW
- Founder: Wise Latinas Linked, the largest Latina social networking group on Facebook and LinkedIn with membership of 8,000 women.
- Former board member with the Cara Mia Theatre Company, Latino theater company in Dallas.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me via Facebook. Have a great day!